Tuesday, June 2, 2009

London Calling!!!

Our next adventure, thanks to James' grandparents, is to London and then to Ireland and Scotland but we will be spending the most amount of time in London.



So....

I need recommendations of yummy restaurants, glorious afternoon tea rooms, great plays, what sites to see, which ones not to see, and any other fabulous London Must-Do's from those of you who have ventured there before!!! Right now the only thing we have planned is a day at Wimbledon which will be so fun since we love tennis and the thought of wearing all white is just cool!!!

Please post a comment, e-mail me or call me!

Thanks so much!!!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun! I spent my 17th birthday in London. Don't remember any specifics though....

Kristen said...

How fun for you!!!!! We might go next spring if we are ready to leave the baby. I wish I could give you some recommendations.....

You have to see all the major stuff, and I have always wanted to see all the medieval castles there!

Heather said...

Are you kidding?! How freaking fun! Are just the two of you going? That is awesome =)

Jenny said...

rosie and james!!! hey you should defintlaey go to buckingham palace!!!! im so jealous can i go in your suitcase?
congrats on the house.
jenny metcalf
metcalfjenny23@gmail.com

Reid and Christine Family said...

I'm so jealous! You two are definitely doing things right - travel, travel, and travel before you start your family. have fun! Sorry - haven't made it to Europe YET, come back with a lot of advice!

Megan Loves Life said...

Oh I love it there! I went there just for a quick three day trip back in the day. We loved seeing a Shakespeare play at the Globe theater replica. If you want to go to the beach, Brighton is the gay and lesbian capital of the world, so whatever. (yikes is all I have to say!) But the train ride there went through the countryside and the cute little thatched roof houses and it was so fun to see that! I actually recommend the double decker buses. It was cheap and we went to the palace and a fun "crumpet" restaurant. It's an all day pass you can get off and on wherever you want. I really wanted to ride in a cute taxi but never did, so do that for me!! Have fun!!

Backmans said...

You guys are going to Wimbeldon?!? JEALOUS!!!! You will be suprised to find that such a world famous venue is tucked away in a little neighborhood. It will probably seem a lot less remote when the tournament is actually in session though. Hmmm... have fun!!!

Backmans said...

p.s. go to Harrods!!!