Monday, January 4, 2010

Holi-daze!!

Another Christmas and New year has come and gone and we have been living up our last child-free winter holidays!!! It started out with us going to Fetal Fotos to find that James and I have broken the Fisher Family tradition of having a girl first!! This little guy is DEFINITELY a McDermott Boy!!!!

He was so proud to show off in fact that the ultrasound tech even left for 10 minutes and had me lay on my side to see if he would turn so we could see his face but 10 minutes later...well, at least we are SURE it is a boy!!! And we also know he is not shy (IN THE LEAST) and he is stubborn... all his momma wanted was to see his face!!! Was that too much to ask??

But we are so excited! Can't think of Boy names though... had 2 girls names picked out but boys names are eluding us... any ideas????

We spent Christmas with both families (even sleeping at my parents to wake up with all the kids so excited about what Santa brought them... I have missed that!!!) and we were able to "check Steve out" of Rehab at the U hospital for 5 hours so that we could have our always hilarious Christmas at the McDermott's!!

For all of you who know Stevie and how easily and often he crosses the line... wish you could have been there.. he was in rare form!!! Ohh we love him!!! We were able to bring him home for good on the 29th...no more scary - straight from a horror film - rehab area at the University of Utah hospital!! Yeah!! He is in a wheelchair but is doing so well with his therapies and strengthening his upper body! We are just getting adjusted to our "new Normal" and it has been going as well as we'd hoped!!

We went up skiing (well, Jimmy went skiing while I took pictures - I am not totally off balance but Skiing with all the unpredictable beginners on Chickadee was not my idea of a responsible prego momma) with my sister Lydia and her cute family as well as my dad to teach Mason,

Lydia's youngest who is 3, to ski...and give the rest of the kids a chance to get their ski legs back!!! James spent the whole day with Mason teaching him how to do snow plow and to use his edgie-wedgie! It was SO darling to watch them together!

Good practice for when he teaches this new little guy how to be a great skier like his dad!!

James has found his newest project: moving his office downstairs and spent any free time he had working on it! It started out
as just putting in French Doors and now it has moved to French Doors, more electrical outlets, re-framing the closet to make it smaller so that there can be a big comfy leather chair in the corner with a reading lamp, bead board, new sheetrock in a few places, and digging out the window to make it officially "fire safe"!! Wowza! Good thing he has been collecting all the tools he needs over the last few years - now I feel like I am married to Bob Villa!! But super better looking, of course!!!
Quite the project
but I am sure it will look awesome by the time it is finished (hopefully before May 26th when the baby comes!!!!) These are quick before


and During's


- I am sure Jimmy will have a "Rate my Space" post when it is all finished!!! hehe! What would we do without HGTV???

I am officially 19 weeks today... almost halfway there!!! Yikes!!! Here is the latest pic of my ever-increasing belly for all my cute family who doesn't get to see the progress!!!

Wowza!!! I can still wear my jeans... unbuttoned all the way... but luckily there are these amazing things called "tummy sleeve's" that keep my pants up AND cover me up!! Thanks Melissa and Thomas (you look good with a pregnant belly by the way) for picking them up for me!!!

Anyway, we hope you all have a fabulous 2010!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Look at your cute little bump!!! You are still so tiny... and adorable! You will absolutely LOVE having a girl. It's the best! Congrats. :)

Kim said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys! boys are the best! You are looking so dang cute with your little belly! i hope you are feeling well! lets get together soon.

The Adams Family said...

That is so great you guys are having a boy. We also thought we were having a girl and only picked out girl names. Boy names are much harder to pick out. Good luck! We still don't have one picked out.

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

you look darling! Congrats on it being a boy! Boys are so fun and have a lot of energy!!! I'm only 2 weeks behind you, I can't wait to find out what we're having! hope you guys are doing well!

Kristin said...

Congrats on having a boy! Here are the boys names that Steve veto'd on my top 5 list....
Gavin
Merrick
Griffin
Lincoln

Becky said...

You do have a cute little bump... we will have to get a picture together of our bumps sometime soon. We are getting excited for our little guy to come... he already has so much stuff...

Kristen said...

Congrats on the baby Boy!!!! Your little baby bump is adorable!

I chuckled a bit when you said that you were married to Bob Villa--just because I feel the exact same way! Looks like it is going to turn out awesome! Good luck with all of that. :)

Hope you are feeling well!

The Cockayne's said...

I LOVE your post! We had so much fun and totally owe James for teaching Mas to ski.

RFamily said...

you look great! aren't those tummy sleeves things the best? i totally hear you on names - we had a girl's one all picked out, but really struggled with a boy's one until the very end. hope you are feeling ok and that all is going well!