Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby, Look at Us!!!

The 8th Annual Marathon/ Half Marathon was on Saturday and James had decided that since running a marathon was on his bucket list he would run this one.  I do not have running a marathon on my bucket list but thought it would be fun to run the half... just to see what it was like.  Plus, my sister Christina (who is marathon running expert) and Bree were running it too so why not??!!!  

I am so proud of James for finishing the grueling 
26.2 miles and so grateful to Lizzy Davis, Jake & Casey and the Wellings for supporting him along the way!!! 

He wanted to finish in under 4 hours but ended up just over at 4 hours, 12 minutes and 22 seconds.  He did it!!  He never wants to do it again, but at least he can cross it off his list!!


 I didn't have a time that I wanted to finish in but ended up coming in at 2 hours, 58 minutes and 29 seconds.  It was a great experience but I wish I would have been more diligent on my training!!  
 Running 7 miles at the most and not running for 8 weeks before the race (except for a 5 mile run 4 weeks before!!!) and then trying to run 13.1 miles is definitely not the smartest thing I have ever done!!! 

Christina and Bree blew doors on me, Bree finished in just under 2 hours and Christina finished in just over 2 hours.  I am so proud of both of them!  Here are some pics of Christina (who came all the way from Bozeman, Montana to run with me) 
She is so sweet and I appreciate her support of me when I didn't want to run anymore!!!

  I am so grateful to my Becky and Melissa for letting Deacon have his very first sleep over and then waking up with him at 7:30 and coming to Gateway to cheer us on!  I am also so grateful to my wonderful parents who supported us along the course at Foothill Village, Sugarhouse Park, Liberty Park and then at the finish line!!  James and I are also grateful for ice and ibuprofen and although James is going to probably lose 2 toe nails, we are feeling pretty good! 


We know that Stevie was with us along the course and could feel him supporting us when we started to get weary.  We know that he was with us as we finished the race and know that he is so proud of us!  

We did it!!! ....Baby, look at us!!!

7 comments:

Preston and Jamyn said...

You guys are awesome! Way to go! Rosie - you look amazing!

Kim said...

That is so awesome!!! Congrats

Kristin said...

Wow - nice job!

Julie said...

My heros! I start training for 5ks in advance so needless to say I am impressed! Feels good crossing things off that bucketlist! Yay!

RFamily said...

good for you guys!!!! glad to hear it went so well!

The Cockayne's said...

I wish I was there! I am so proud of you guys!

Jessica and Matt said...

Congrats, Rosie! I take a peek at your blog every once in awhile and thought this time I would pop in to say hello. Matt is marathon training right now for St. George. It's crazy. I can't run down the block! Deacon is a handsome little man!