Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Deacon!!

Happy 1st Birthday Deacon!!

I have learned a lot about what it means to be a mom in these short 12 months that Deacon has been in my life...

Being a mom means being unable to imagine living a day without Deacon by my side!

Being a mom means realizing my schedule means absolutely nothing to Deacon!


Being a mom means being able to change a diaper with my eyes closed... and on a moving target too!

Being a mom means needing to shower, vacuum, wash clothes, change Deacon, make lunch and take a nap...all at the same time!!!
Being a mom means suddenly realizing I have a love/hate relationship with Easy Mac.
Being a mom means remembering when I used to have time to read books!  ...I seriously undervalued doing "nothing" before I had Deacon!!

Being a mom means loving nap time more than Deacon does!

Being a mom means feeling bliss over a little smile and total bliss at the gloriously beautiful sound of his giggle!!

Being a mom means serving as Deacon's personal assistant!!


Being a mom means knowing that when Deacon is crying it is because he wants something - but not necessarily the same thing he wanted an hour ago.


Being a mom means discovering a little thing called patience that I never knew existed.


Being a mom means holding Deacon by the back of the shirt while he is turned around in a shopping cart because he wants to be standing and looking forward instead of sitting and looking at mom... why would he want to make grocery shopping easy??  

 
Being a mom means needing a manicure in the worst way.
Being a mom means trying to create the best learning experience for Deacon everyday - and feeling guilty when I don't.



Being a mom means perfecting "the look" that stops Deacon from misbehaving in his tracks... most of the time anyway!!

Being a mom means finding myself thinking about my own childhood and then being amazed at how my mom did it with 7 of these little people!!!


Being a mom means waking up during the night just to watch my sweet boy dream.


Being a mom means that I am happiest when I am with my amazing husband (who is also the most amazing father) and my incredibly sweet little one year old boy!!!

Happy Birthday Deacon!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lil Man. He is so darling! What a sweet post too. Miss you guys.

RFamily said...

These are such great photos! Happy birthday to Deacon!

Kristin said...

Happy 1st birthday!!

Richard and Emily said...

What a darling post. You are so amazing Rosie! Those pictures turned out so great!! love love love them. and Happy Birthday Deacon!!

Preston and Jamyn said...

Such a cute post Rosie! Happy Birthday to that handsome little guy! Those pictures are way too cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Happy belated Birthday Deacon!!! ps I can't believe he is already one!