Monday, September 29, 2008

If I Only Had a Brain


Rugby


Definition: Sport from England where players in a team of 15 attempt to score points by touching an ovid ball to the ground in the area past their opponent's territory known as the tryline or kicking the ball between goalposts and over a cross bar

Translation: Recreational activity from England where players, exhibiting irrationality and mental unsoundness, in a team of 15 attempt to score points by exerting brutal force against their opponents. (without the use of helmets or pads...which is where the irrationality & mental unsoundness come in!!!)

Example 1: Yes, they are running at each other at full speed....hmmmm....those are my husband's legs you can see peeking out through the midst of the bodies!


Example 2: Yes, that is my husband with the ball getting ready to pass it behind him to on of his other mentally unsound teammates before he is trampled and crushed!!

But really, I have grown to LOVE Rugby! (And not just because of the sweet short shorts!!! Ooh baby!! I remember the time when James was embarassed of the shorty shorts but the next thing you know, he is showing off his upper thigh wherever he can...at the grocery store, gas station... DMV!! Yes, I did say the DMV!!)
But Rugby is way fun! It definitely gets in your blood and I was excited to get to cheer on my husband again in the Utes vs. Utes Alumni game. James' eligibility was up last spring so he played on the alumni team against his younger brother and the present Utah Rugby team. The Utes were talking a lot of heat before the game only to be completely humiliated by the Out-of-Shape Alumni players in a 44-18 victory!! James only managed to bruise his pinky finger and thumb (what worries me is that he isn't sure when it happened!!!) while his poor little brother got a concussion! YIKES!

Rugby... Gotta Love It!!!

1 comment:

Emily and Austin Gray said...

Austin has been taking the kids for walks down the road to watch the rugby teams -- men AND women -- practice and play. He's also signed both kids up for hockey. Yikes! I think we have bruised pinkies and concussions in our future, too.

You have to show me how you put the music on your blog. I love it!