Monday, August 2, 2010

Deacon's Blessing

James blessed Deacon yesterday and did a fabulous job!  I am so in love with James and I love that he is worthy of his Priesthood so that he can bless our family!  He blessed Deacon that he will be a good influence on the lives of those he comes in contact with and I know that, just like his dad, he will grow up to be a wonderful man!  I am so proud of my boys and I am so lucky to be able to call them mine forever!!


I talked James into wearing his blue seersucker suit that matched one we found for Deacon and he agreed... Don't they look so handsome??!! 


How cute is he in his white shirt!! (Thanks Kathy for searching for the perfect size!!)

Deacon was such a sweetheart and didn't make a peep during the blessing and then fell asleep until almost noon!  He was passed around from one arm to another and didn't even stir!  I don't know why he was so sleepy...being blessed just wears him out, I guess! 
(He slept 10 hours straight last night!! Wowza!!)

His Uncle Thomas broke out his soon-to-be-dad skills and fed Deacon his lunch!  Deacon loves eating from a bottle... it goes so much faster and sometimes too fast and he ends up choking and coughing for a moment before he is back at it!!  He didn't gain 5 lbs in 2 months for lack of loving his food!!!


He actually did a great job for having never fed a baby before and I know he will be a great dad when Londyn Jane makes her grand entrance in November!  
We had a great brunch after the blessing and, thanks to Melissa & Bree, it was totally stress free for me!  They got everything pulled together (and then cleaned up afterward) and it all looked so fabulous!  

Deacon is officially 2 months old today!  


I took him to his 2-month check-up last Tuesday and found out that he weighs 12 lbs already and is 22 1/4 inches long.  That puts him in the 60th percentile for his weight and 25th for his height... so he is my short, fat little boy that I just LOVE and can't stop kissing!!  


Look at those arms and his double chin and big belly!!  Ohh my gosh, I can't believe that 2 short months ago he was just a little 7 lb 4 oz little skinny boy and now look at him!!!  It just confirms that his momma's milk really is heavy cream and he loves it!!!

He also had his 2 month immunization shots and I can honestly say that his momma cried more about the shots than he did!!  Just talking about him getting the shots and having to just hold him while he was being poked made me cry! (... could be the hormones!)  But he did so good and, thanks to the wonderful invention of Tylenol pain reliever/fever reducer, he didn't seem to have much, if any, pain and he didn't develop a fever which I learned some immunizations can cause!! 

 Here are a few more pics of the center of my universe!!!


His daddy can't wait for him to really be able to play with his squishy rugby ball instead of just touch it with his fingers!!!  - In that outfit he could be a throw pillow on my bedding!!!


24th of July BBQ at the McDermott's!


He is all smiles and cute noises these days!!!  

Deacon loves to sing "Pat-A-Cake", "Wheels on the Bus", "5 Little Monkeys" and "I'm A Little Tea Pot" with the arm motions and read books and look at all his bright colored toys!! 
We are still working on getting him to love Tummy Time!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

How great are those matching suits!!

Scott and Megan said...

So I'll just assume my invitation to the blessing was lost in the mail....??? JUST KIDDING...I was busy throwing up anyway! SO freakin' adorable and the matching seersucker...hello, that was a must! Can't wait to meet one day at the pool and snuggle that little guy!

Alex said...

that is so great you guys! he is quit possibly one of the most beautiful babies i have ever seen, but i guess i'm not too surprised.

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-membuat-pie-susu-bali/